Catching up and Super Mom powers!

Kris is boarding a plane as I type. He and a few of his fellow firefighters are heading up to Mall Hockey (Milwaukee) for an Honor Guard training. (Little P calls it Mall Hockey! =)
I have to admit, I've been kind of pouty this week about that trip, I mean he gets to "get away!" who wouldnt' be jealous?! But then I got to thinking about the kind of training they are doing and it will not be entirely all fun for them. They are training on how to be a better detail at EMS/Firefighter funerals....that alone is pretty sad to think about. Although, I'm sure they will find some fun to fill the rest of their time so there is still a little green monster left in me!

So that said, just me and the P's for 4 1/2 days. A little overwhelming at first thought but I've decided to make this a fun week of just us girls. I've got a list of projects I'd like to at least get started when he's gone. Wouldn't it be nice to come home to a clean and organized and decorated house? Well I can at least attempt it! So if any of you have some Super Mom powers you can share, please do! I'd also like to get some good snuggling, bonding and playing with P's in there too! After a child care call I got at work this morning, I need to squeeze and love on the P's. It was a very sad situation and reminds me how truly blessed we are.

Also in our week of girls, my cousin Stef and her boyfriend Houston are kidnapping the P's Saturday and taking them to the KC Zoo all day! So I will get some mommy time in there which is needed. Of course, I will more than likely fill my time cleaning and organizing and decorating the house but hey, it will be uninterrupted time! Maybe I can squeeze a pedicure in there? We'll have to see about that one!

We've got a few more birthdays and Father's Day to plan for too. Kris' celebrates another year in less than 2 weeks, and I hope to make his day very special...without telling him all of the details that is! We both kind of stink at keeping surprises from each other, and he is very good at bugging me about it until I spill the beans! So my goal is to keep as much of it a surprise as possible...of course he already nixed the big gift, and decided he wanted a lawn mower instead. Wow, we have hit "mature-ville" haven't we?

The P's enjoyed some great family time over the Memorial Day weekend. They got to see both sides of the family, had some great time spent with Aunt Patty and Stef while mama and daddy had dinner out and even got in a little fishing and go-carting. Big P informed me that this summer ROCKS so hopefully we can keep that excitement going.

First order of business? Clearing out my memory disc for my camera so I can get to getting some of memories to put away for later....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries