Not so little anymore

There is no denying it. The P's are not so little anymore. In fact, while watching my niece and nephew last night, I realized just how big they are getting, especially big P. She turns 9 in two months, it will mark her final year in the single digits. That seems a little silly perhaps, but 10 means she is truly on her way to growing up. I am not quite ready to deal with all of that just yet. I wish we could slow time down just a bit and hold onto their childhood. I am so ever grateful that they are still "little" girls in a lot of sense. They still believe in magic, like Santa and the Tooth fairy. They both get extremely excited about the simplest of things like a new box of crayons, or the possibilities with a cardboard box. And they still have such great imaginations that the rest of us seem to lose as we gain years. Barbies are still very prominent, but then again so are bow and arrows and legos and books. They like to re-enact movies, especially "The Chronicles of Narnia" series but are little divas from time to time with dancing and music and Justin Bieber. Ok, only Little P really finds him "heart throb potential". Big P would rather see the guy who plays Thor and any of the Avenger type movies. I love the fact that I am in a career that allows me to be their mommy first. I would be lying to say that I appreciate this all of the time, because there are days when preschool wears me out enough that dealing with my own kiddos is hard. But, I do it and I am grateful and thankful every day for two healthy, happy and often time stubborn little girls. Their personalities are so fun to watch and hear and enjoy. Sometimes I have to remind them that there are certain behaviors that are not acceptable, but for the most part, we have amazing kids. I know every mom says that, but its my job to advocate for my daughters and I will do that their entire lives. Tonight, they both have a friend staying the night. An hour in, I still have my sanity intact. Both friends are strong personalities too, so we will see how it goes. Poor Higbee is a lttle left out, but lets face it, Labs and Little Pet Shops don't mix. Looking ahead to the next week...its a busy, busy one of me playing parent by myself. Grateful for some girl time and since its not too jam packed it should go well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries