This crazy thing called life...

I am very blessed to have spent this summer home with our girls. We have had some great times, and it usually carries over to great family time. Lots of softball, but lots of swimming, fun with friends, fun with family and most of all, lots of time to snuggle. We've had some lazy days, which are very much needed. And we have had days where we busted our behinds from sun up to sun down. So much to be thankful for.

We have had some tough lessons this summer too. A toxic situation with a family member turned nasty. That has since put Kris and I over the edge and no second chances will be given. This person is not worth any more words. Relief. Done.

Big P starts middle school in 3 weeks! What?! It seems like yesterday she was walking through the doors of her elementary school for the first time. Time so flies when you have kids of your own. I am excited for her though. There are so many new opportunities coming her way. New friends, new academic challenges, as she was one of 52 7th graders selected for honors math. She is a human calculator. Not sure where that comes from, but more power to her and we fully support her. I can't wait to see her bloom and take flight!

This is Little P's last year in elementary school. She was downstairs in the 6th grade wing for 5th grade simply because her class is so large, so it won't be that big of a change for her. I am hoping her ENT surgery this summer will work some magic for her and her sleeping. I hope to see that carry over into the classroom and give her more confidence. And I truly hope whoever her teacher is this year, they will give her a chance and avoid the gossip from a previous teacher that carried over into last year. She is smart and sassy, and I do not care for people who want to crush that. She knows the difference between being those things and being disrespectful, which she is not. So here's to a new school year with new beginnings and new blessings!

I am back in the same classroom that I love dearly! A great group of kiddos, most of which I worked with in preschool. And new opportunities as well as I have been accepted into the Para to Teacher program at our local college. The district pays a portion of the tuition, so it may be slow going at first.  But at some point in the near future, I will be a SPED teacher! So exciting. I love teaching. It is truly the best job out there. Well except maybe being a writer...still working on that one.

Life isn't always easy. But nothing worth it ever is. We have some bumps in our life. Post-fire things to tackle. Sometimes it can be overwhelming, but Kris and I are tackling them together and have big goals and plans. Sometimes we change those as needed. But we hope to set a good example to our girls every chance we get. And the fire definitely taught us what is worth our time and money and what isn't. Perspective. It is all a beautiful journey in this crazy thing we call life.



The P's and their sleepover buddies visiting Kris on the ambulance. We are a fun family!


Little P and her teammate K. This girl really worked hard to make sure P felt like part of the team. We are sad that the team is ending, but will do our best to make sure these friendships continue no matter.

Big P has been on the field for 8 years now! She loves it again, which is so important. Her new team and organization welcomed her with open arms and we have seen her grow! She moves up a level this year, and she may be pretty familiar with her new coaches!



I love this little guy. The youngest of the grandkids. Sadly, I don't know how much I will get to see him due to a toxic situation. But what a blessing his ornery spirit is. Love those snuggles this summer.
 Kris and I have been together for 17 years this summer and married for 14. It hasn't been an easy ride, but nothing worth anything is. I am grateful for the past couple of years, which have been our hardest, because we found our foundation again. I get to spend my life with my best friend.

This girl is so brave. Left her comfort zone between fall and Spring, and rocked the ball field. She got some new opportunities, and learned where she really wants to be. I hope that spark continues!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go

Parker's turning 3!

Setting boundaries