Setting boundaries

 We've really had to have some tough talks with our girls about setting boundaries and sadly, cutting ties. Some toxic friendships in their lives have been brought to the forefront of life, and Kris and I both feel these are things they need to know how to do, much sooner than we figured out. It's been tough, and some really hard conversations have came into play since we started giving them this guidance, including facing some of our own bullshit. That part has been hard. To not take things personally when they are doing exactly what we asked of them. I wholeheartedly admit I am a helicopter mom. I have always joked that I was the fun one, the one involved, the one there to help with whatever they need. But it has been brought to my attention that they need to fail, they need some space and quite honestly, I'm not as good as I thought. OOF. If that isn't a punch to the gut. But as the great Taylor Swift says, "It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me." and I am doing my very best to own my bullshit.

That being said, we are learning pretty quickly and a little sadly, about who is truly in our corner. Graduation time is here. The graduation party is this weekend. While I realize hosting it on Mother's Day is a tad rough, I am sadly not surprised but very disappointed in the amount of people not in our girl's corner. Our baby is graduating after a VERY rough run of high school. Please come support her. I get life is busy, we are all busy, but I truly hope the people who do show, will overshadow the ones who are missing. But damn. I mean, I guess it is what it is. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go