A year later

It's been a year.
Does it ever get easier?
Not even necessarily needing easier, just real. Nothing has felt real since I got the call about our motion detectors going off. Nothing has felt real since I ran down the hallway at SHES when my boss told me my house was not being broken into, that in fact I needed to go home because it was on fire. Nothing has felt real since I watched my husband try to breathe life into our sweet 4 legged boy and got sick realizing that very easily could have been one of our girls.  Nothing feels real now, a year later. Tomorrow marks a year. Please tell me that life can be felt again, be real again. I need to find a way to make that possible because the pain of the reality of it all is breaking my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Setting boundaries

Here we go