Sorting

It's been almost 3 months. And while I try to act like that time doesn't consume my thoughts, it does creep in during the quiet moments. Thankfully, we are in the middle of softball season, which has been tournament after tournament. But little reminders do pop up. Like getting what clothes they could salvage from the fire. They're sitting in stacks in the front room here at Kris' parent's home, still in plastic and screaming at me to sort them. So many of the girls items are outgrown. So many of the items from my own closet, hardly worn. So I will sort through, and save what we love and can't live without, the rest we will pay forward. But the task is a little overwhelming. And a reminder of what we did lose. Not each other, no thank heavens. But more than we could even remember on most days. Today, I felt the need to run my fingers across Higbee's ears. Last night I was told that big P feels she should have been able to save him, while little P keeps dreaming that she wakes up in the fire but can't wake the rest of us up. Amazing what this can do to one's confidence, safety level etc. A lot to be done, so I guess I will start with the sorting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Setting boundaries

Here we go