The, the, the GRINCH

I am feeling very Grinch like this holiday season. And not in a funny, Jim Carrey kind of way. I know Christmas doesn't sneak up, but this year it truly has felt that way. Maybe it is because Thanksgiving was so late? Or maybe because someone has a 10th birthday this month and I'm not quite ready for the double digits with our daughters yet. Or maybe I have had my fill of family and family drama, choices and bullshit? Or maybe its just the financial aspect of it. I am usually way more prepared than I was up until a week ago. I do not like waiting until the last minute. But I also do not like the materialistic approach we have all taken on this holiday anyway. See, there I go, all Bah Humbugging.

I normally love this time of year. The magic, the surprise of giving someone something, whether its a pay it forward kind of thing, like buying someone's coffee. Or bell ringing to help those in need, or just the fun of bringing neighbors baked goods. I love watching the excitement in the girls' eyes. But sadly, as I type this, I see that is missing too. Sigh.

I know our family usually revolves around my tone, my emotions. And while that is unfair at times, it is what it is and I need to set a better tone. I need to put my Grinch like attitude away and enjoy this Christmas for what it is and who its with....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries