Love these moments

You know which ones. The one where your 7-year-old looks you in the eye and touches your face in such a way you know that there is no greater love. The one where your 9-year-old begs to spend some time with just you. The one where your 85 lb lab comes over to sit by you just to keep your cold feet warm. The one where you are out and about with your husband and he takes your hand and gently squeezes so only you know what he's thinking. Seeing your mom with your two daughters and the pure joy felt between the three of them just for being around each other. These are the moments that keep me going. The other ones, the not so great ones are nothing compared to moments like these. I have spent too much time worrying about to fix the other ones that I have almost overlooked the important ones. The ones that make my very heart beat, my soul breathe. I will not spend another minute on the not so great ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries