A Very Merry Christmas

All 3 members of my family are sound asleep. Higbee and I are the only ones awake this Tuesday after Christmas. I'm sure the post Christmas exhaustion has settled in, but unfortunately so has some virus of some sort. I do believe Big P was up all night. She complained of various body aches and a headache most of the day yesterday. Overnight she said she felt nauseous, so after a Zofran and being nestled in mommy and daddy's bed, she has been asleep for almost 2 hours! Poor baby! There is no more of a helpless feeling in the world than when your child is sick. Little P is just a sleeper. She is our teenager, and could easily sleep until noon if we let her. I am enjoying watching her in her sleeping bag while I'm camped out on the couch with my laptop. Watching them sleep is very peaceful. In fact I am having a hard time not snuggling in next to her, but if I sleep past a certain time I feel groggy for the rest of the day. Our house looks like a Christmas explosion. Yesterday would have been my day to clean and conquer, but with a little girl who wanted mommy near her all day, and sleep, rainy Kansas weather, it just didn't happen. Today I was hoping to get out a bit, see an old friend who is in town, but we may be spending another day here at home. Maybe thats what we need. I need to get this house in order big time. But I guess I will just take it little by little and let my family rest during break. That is apparently what we all need. The girls had a great Christmas, despite some fears that being on the naughty list for awhile would leave them with disappointment Christmas morning, Santa came through. I am glad that we were able to keep the magic going another year. I hope that they remember what it felt like not knowing if Santa would come. But more importantly I think they understood the meaning of Christmas a little more this year. It was nice to have all 4 of us at Christmas Eve service, while it was long in the world of a 6-year-old, I think the message was pretty clear for all of us. We were able to spend time with my mom's side of the family as well as the Dodds family over the two day celebrations. It was the first time in a long time that almost my mom's entire family was in one place. A great way to spend the evening! But bittersweet just the same as changes will be occuring very soon. It was also bittersweet having to explain who everyone was to Oma. I miss the days of her being "with" us. The Dodds celebration was fun, as usual. The kids led the fun, with their sweet singing and loads of giggling. And while there were times we had to remind them to calm down some, it was a good family get together. Its always fun to see who got who's name and to watch the grandkids open their gifts. I'm sure the girls will be itching to ride their new bikes from Santa this week. Especially since our week will consist of weather in the 50's. Maybe this global warming thing is true. I am a little disappointed we haven't seen any winter weather yet, but I'm sure I will kick myself over that comment in a few short weeks. Here's to hoping we have a healthy, productive and fun rest of our break!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries