Its the most....crazy time of the year!

Christmas is two weeks away. Big P turns 8 in one week. Needless to say December seems to always be one of the craziest, quickest and most expensive months. I love this time of year, don't get me wrong. I love being part of the magic and enjoying the family get togethers and most of all, watching the girls celebrate the birth of their Saviour. Thankfully, they know the reason for the season. But, like most kids, they are giddy over the excitement of it all, presents included. Along with just the craziness of schedules, extra activities, shopping, wrapping, decorating, cleaning, and everything in between, there are the changed attitudes we get from the children. Like most kids I'm sure, they are bouncing off the walls on a daily basis. They can't seem to stay off the naughty list, and over the past 48 hours, they have found their way to the top of that list. I am keeping my fingers crossed they can shape it up over the next two weeks, or birthday parties and Santa visits may come to a halt. This mama is at her wits end. The madness will continue, and I need to find a way to keep us all sane. Its hard to find that balance. Wow three boo hoo posts in a row. I'm sorry to my blog followers. I really am ok, life is amazing and we are blessed. Just feeling the stress all around. Did I mention our yellow lab is also batty? Ever since the move he has channeled his inner Marley and is driving me crazy. I'm thinking doggy reform school is in his near future! Big P and Little P aren't far behind! On a sad note, Big P's classmates are telling her Santa isn't real. I can tell she is in that hard place where she wants to believe but still questions it. We have had long talks with her. I am hoping that helps keep the magic in her heart. She is in that hard place of not being a little girl but not being a big girl either. It is so hard to watch her struggle with that. She isn't your typical sized soon to be 8-year old. She is 4'7 and wears a woman's shoe size. She towers over almost everyone her age and the grade above. I know how this feels and my heart goes out to her every day. I love this season and I pray that we are able to find a happier way to spend the next two weeks. No bad attitudes! No yelling, no fighting, no struggling to keep a sane household. Just peace, joy and feeling the love of the season. All I needed to do was look through pictures of the past few weeks and I remember why I am totally in love with my family. Sometimes a bad couple of days can make you forget the other 363 that were great! Big P and I just being goofballs. I love it when she and I can get along and enjoy spending time together.
Little P and her buddy E making gingerbread houses with their Daisy troops!
Our silly girls enjoing some frozen yogurt!
The P's and their Grinch shirts and toys. Wait. Are we promoting the Grinch attitude?!?!
Aunt Patty, my mom, Oma and the P's at Festival of Trees 2011!
This picture makes my heart melt. These are our P's, goofy, fun and creative!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries