Tis the season to be....a Grinch?

I love this time of year, usually! I love the magic I see in the girls' eyes as they enjoy all of excitement and magic! I love hearing them sing Christmas songs ever so sweetly! I love hearing their Christmas wish lists when they sit on Santa's lap! But this year, I've found myself in a bit of a grinch-like slump! I'm not even sure why really!

I think a bit of it is post-magical vacation let down. Real life is not as magical as the magic kingdom! It's dirty and full of rude, hateful people! And that stinks! I think life would be much sweeter if the whole world was like the magic kingdom!

Ok yes, thats silly, but that's all I've got! Actually I think it is a mixture of post vacation, straight into thanksgiving, sick kiddo for 6 days and lack of preparedness for Christmas! Normally, I'm done shopping by now an everything is wrapped! Then I focus on big P's birthday which is a week from today! But that hasn't happened! I won't finish it until next weekend which has a bit of panic creeping in! I heard that song by Faith Hill last night, 'Where Are You Christmas?' and I totally get it!

I know Christmas is not about presents or being prepared, but I just feel a bit overwhelmed this year! So I'm in search of my christmas cheer this year! (ok that was a lot of rhyming!)

I did find a little of it last night listening to the P's and my nieces sing in the car! Hearing them sing 'Away in a manger' was incredible! So here's to enjoying (trying very hard!) the rest of this blessed season and remembering the joy of the above examples of Christmas spirit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries