Feeling a bit of insomnia

I have two sleeping beauties in our house tonight. They are both sound asleep which is a good thing, I know. But their mommy is not, which is not a good thing. I pulled out the laptop in hopes I could channel some of this insomnia into my writing projects, but nothing has happened yet, so I turned to the sometimes easier project, my blog. Which I seriously doubt anyone reads, I mean I never see many numbers jump on my little counter thingy. So I am probably writing to the cyber streams and no one else. Oh well, I guess getting it out of my brain may help me sleep right?

Ok now the writer's block has hit here too. Hmm....

Had some funny things with the P's this weekend. Little P decided to comb her hair with a fork, she wanted to be the Little Mermaid. I told her she was not, and she took it pretty well. Later that day, she decided to climb our furniture like a trapeze artist, I informed her that was not a good idea either. For that she just stood on the top of the couch, looked at me and then jumped down as far as she could and smiled. Sigh!

Big P had her first school birthday party yesterday. They met at a local historical site and had a tea party. She actually drank hot tea and liked it, I was impressed she tried it and I really enjoyed watching her play with her friends. She was floored by how old everything was in the museum portion and she asked the lady who was giving the tour if she was around back in 1889 when the house was built. I had to stiffle my laughter as did the other parents.

I had a few moments in between Kris' jobs with him. A semi-date night out to dinner Friday night. We ran into a few guys he worked with a few years back, and had a good night of conversation with them about life, kids and more. Last night he was home semi-early for an evening with us which was nice too. He will be home a couple more nights before he heads west for the Firefighter Memorial. I think I'm pouting, but I miss him. At least he's safe and in country right?!

Well since no one is reading, I will say good night to myself and end my little pity party as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries