And so it begins.....


A week from today, Big P will start kindergarten. Where has the time gone? It seems like it was only yesterday I was feeding her a bottle, finding that lost binky that somehow found its way underneath the couch or between the car seats. It seems almost like yesterday when I first found out we were expecting and then the first time I felt her little nudge or her hiccups shake my entire belly. She is such a smart little girl, has been from the beginning. Her eyes lead you to an older soul, it was almost like I already knew her when I first met her. While those same eyes often roll at me, and the stubborness that will make her a strong woman drives me insane now, I know that school is truly where she belongs. She is a sponge! She soaks it all in and wants more, and more and more. She analyzes every detail and tries to figure out how it all works. She is thirsty to read, thirsty to figure out how math works beyond the simple addition and subtraction flash cards we own. She is ready. So that means mommy has to be ready too. I'm nervous about the little things that can torment a child. What happens when the girl next to her in class doesn't say nice things? Or what happens if a bully should decide to put his or her focus on Big P? What happens if she gets to nervous to say the right answer when called on? Its all of those little things that I can't be there to help her with that could easily drive me crazy. But I have to remind myself that is a strong child. That that same stubborness that wills her to annoy her mommy will be the same stubborness that will keep the mean girls and bullies away.

And so it begins...her journey into school and into becoming a child instead of a toddler. I am so proud of her and excited for her.

*(Little P was very upset on enrollment day when she realized she would not be joining big sister for Kindergarten! Truly heartwrenching!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries