Some funny and not so funny P'isms....


Little P had me laughing pretty hard at bedtime a few nights ago. She informed me that she didn't need a bedtime so I asked her why she thought that. "I'm a vampire mommy, and vampires don't sleep!" What have I started?

We were out at dinner the next night as a family, when Big P said something that made us all laugh. I ordered the quesadillas, forgoing the the all-you-can-eat buffet. She watched me as I smeared some guacamole and sour cream inside and said as sweetly as could be. "Mama why do you like rockamole?" I love it when they get a word wrong, there is something so sweet and innocent about it.

A not so sweet moment, at least for me, was a few days ago when Big P was standing next to me at the mirror. She kept looking at my face and then her face and back again. She said with a very disgusted look on her face "Mama will I look like you when I grow up too?" We do look a lot alike right now and I worried when she asked this. She glanced at my non-healthy areas and looked at her own. I realized at that moment I had to help establish her own self image and not dwell on mine. I simply told her that she may look like me but she would be her own person. She thought about this for a few minutes. I then asked her if she wanted to look like me when she grew up. She thought a little longer and then smiled and said "yea". I know being a girl is tough and being a girl with weight issues is even tougher. I hope for her sake, that our bad eating habits do not cause her long-term stress. It was at that moment that I realized there is no fountain drink or oreo worth depleting a positive self image in my daughter's eyes. It was also in that moment that I wished I could've stuck to that promise to her a long time ago. Sad but sweet all in the same moment.

Here is a picture of the P's before their first swim lesson this week. They love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries