Halfway through 2009

Wow this year has flown by. They all do now and sometimes its a little overwhelming to know how quickly time truly passes. Of course that is not always the case when you're waiting for something, like say for the work day to be over. That clock just ticks and sometimes it seems like it ticks backwards. However, that is NOT the case when it comes to watching our children grow up. I am trying get a grasp on time with them. Little P turns 4 this month and it seems just like yesterday she was 2 and learning how to keep up with big sister.

I can't change how quickly it passes by, but I'd like to change how I spend my time, particularly with the girls. I realized that summer break is half over and I haven't really kept my promise in making sure its been a fun one. I've spent too many evenings inside camped out in the AC, instead of taking them outside to ride their bikes or blow bubbles or just to be kids out in the dirt finding bugs. I haven't read nearly as much TO them as I've read to myself. That's pretty selfish, especially considering how much they love it just as much as I do. So I hope to start July on a better note than I left June. I hope we can embrace the little moments as much as we do the big ones and just make this summer a great one for them.

I got a little sad with Little P the other day when her big tears streamed down her sweet little face. She realized that with Big P going to kindergarten, it meant she would be away from her all day. That fact really seemed to bother Little P. They've spent just about every waking moment together and now she'd have to fend for herself. I reminded her that now she could have fun and see the world through her own little eyes and that they would see each other every morning and in the afternoons after school as well as all night. She seemd to be ok with that but the tears stayed put for quite some time. Next year, it will be her going of to kindergarten and I'm sure I'll have some of my own tears to shed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries