Focus...

Here we are in October, one of my most favorite times of the year. There have been so many Octobers where I let life just pass me by. I can't even recall some of the Octobers of my life, I was too wrapped up in whatever. This October is different for so many reasons. I've come to realize what life is truly about. Its not about filling your life with empty, materialistic joys. Its not about keeping up with a neighbor, a friend or a family member. Sure, they may look like they have it all, but deep down, they're fighting their own battle. And its certainly not about focusing on how bad you messed up the past. Its about realizing what you have right there with you, whether it be a healthy child, a supportive parent, an amazing friend or the love of your life. What you have at this moment, is what you're meant to live for. You may not have that chance later in life, so enjoy the now, plan for the future yes, but enjoy those moments you let slip by too often. So that focus has become my life. I can try to plan my future, but God has his own plans for me. I can try to overcome the mistakes I've made, but that's the beauty of it, they've already been made. I can't undo them, I can only learn from them and try not to repeat them.
This quote I read this week sums it all up: "The Art of Mothering is to teach the art of living to children."

So here's some of my focus - and some pictures from the past few weeks of life with our P's!




Comments

Mamaof2M's said…
Well said, my friend! Beautiful little one, just like their mama!!

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries