Brave little girl and a chatter bug!

Piper has been fighting a fever for over a week, a low grade fever, but a fever nonetheless. Not wanting to take her to the doctor over every little ache and pain, Kris and I waited to take her in. We gave in yesterday after a weekend of glazed eyes and a very little 4-year-old. Sure enough, Piper has a double ear infection, her left ear is pretty bad. When I first told Piper she was going to the doctor, she kind of panicked. But I reassured her that we were going to get her to feeling better and in order to do that we had to go to the doctor. She was very nervous that this included a shot. I reassured her and she hesitantly got into my Escape, crying for her daddy. Parker on the other hand was mad that I was going somewhere without her, and she stood at the door crying for me. Kris and I could only just look at each other and smile. Once we pulled up to the Doctor's office, Piper's fears were gone. She has been there before and they have been very good to the little girl. She got right on the scale and was proud of her 45 pounds. She let the doctor look in both ears, take her temp and even had a smile for the nurse. I am very proud of our brave little girl. I have had more ear infections than I'd like to remember, they are so incredibly painful and scary when you're that young. She is handling it like a champ. Although, I do have to remind myself every now and then that her whining is because she is sick.


Then there's Parker. All of a sudden this child's vocabulary has burst wide open. She talks, talks and talks from the moment she's awake to the moment she gives in to sleep. She has so much to say and is quite the little observer. Things we have been doing for months that I never knew she cared about are all of a sudden a major conversation piece. Along with this new vocabulary burst, comes more interest in potty training! She went all weekend in big girl underwear and only had two accidents, that includes going to a restaurant! I am proud of that little turkey. I just hope we can keep her interested in it and will soon be pull-up free!!! WOW imagine the savings! It's kind of bittersweet though, my baby is growing up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries