An Unexpected Journey

Today started off like any other day. The rush to get the girls ready and get to work. Gearing up to get the day ready for the newsroom. But things didn't go as I planned for a typical Monday. I got the call to "step into" my boss's office and my life, our life has changed. They decided to go in a "different direction" that didn't include my position. Right now I feel a mixture of anger, relief and fear. Angry that I just spent the last year and a half of my life building a station from nothing. Angry that I gave up so many holidays with our girls to play babysitter for the newsroom. Relief that I don't have to look over my shoulder. Relief that I don't have to work for a man who has no morals and doesn't know journalism if it hit him on the head. And fear! Fear that I can't find a job that pays anything close to what I've worked for. Fear that my husband will over work himself in hopes that he can make up for my lost income. Fear that this will wedge between my relationship with my husband and cause that other word I don't like...resentment. So the look begins. I've wanted to leave television for quite some time now, I guess now I have that opportunity. I just pray that this new, unexpected journey is something we can all be happy with in time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries