Checking in

Oh Spring Break, how I love thee. It was a crazy start, with lots of kiddos coming to and fro as we helped out friends who needed some childcare. It worked out, big P's best friend and his little brother got to hang out with us for like 12 hours. It was pretty fun hearing him say, "Miss Liz we had breakfast, lunch AND dinner with you guys." The end of the week, we literally Netflix binged and rested. My girls are seeing their upcoming softball schedule, and while they're excited, they knew this might be some of our last times to be "lazy" and snuggle endlessly. I may regret some of this laziness tomorrow morning when those alarms for school go off. Until then, I am enjoying the snuggles, especially with little P, who has been very little lately. I think it is easy to forget she is only 10, and while she acts "grown", she isn't.

Kris has an interview this morning, for a job I am sure he is the perfect fit for. I am trying to not be overly optimistic or giddy, but I truly feel he is the man for the job. It is a new position at his fire department and would allow him to teach others how to treat patients and do better on medical calls. So today we pray. He could be home more, which is very important to him and our girls, and me too of course. It would take some flexibility, as I'm used to running the show on my own. But man, it would be so worth it!

Today I am supposed to be loading up on good and bad fat. But man, I am not hungry. I am forcing myself to eat cereal, which is one of my favorite things to eat but is NOT on the plan I am about to embark on. Today, I may just get a slice of red velvet cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory, just to go out with a bang. Total willpower and discipline are what is in store. By this time next year, I will be 100 lbs lighter. Well that is the number we are shooting for. There is a certain number I can not wait to destroy on the way. No more talking, just doing. Going to smash the shit out of some goals and then some.

Softball season is upon us. Both girls have left their previous teams, teams they spent a lot of time and tears with. But I support their choices and am excited to see how they thrive under new coaches and a new mentality. I love spending our weekends at the ballfields. Only ball parents would understand.

On to the cleaning I have on my list, that didn't quite get done last week....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go

Parker's turning 3!

Setting boundaries