Unstuck

I am away again, my last week in the Child & Youth Coordinator position. A mom vacation really, as this teen camp is me being here just in case, to make sure the teens are behaving and having fun. But the stress isn't where it was with Operation Kids Camp, at least not yet. These are teens after all, they can add as much stress as possible in a moment's notice. That does have me a little on edge, but I am still able to take in the scenery and the quiet time here. Quiet before the chaos of going back to the classroom and back to the hustle and bustle of the school year.

Both girls are ready for school to start. But what a bittersweet year! Big P is in 6th GRADE! Little P is right behind her in 5th! Time seriously needs to slow down some. It's ridiculously fast. They are both downstairs in our building this year. Which of course, they are excited about. Now if they could just get along long enough to get down the stairs.

It has been a different kind of summer for our family. A lot of foundation work being laid on what we need to keep important in our lives. And we have definitely made some big changes as to what is not important. It was tough being away, and will be this week, but it will all come together to make us a stronger family.

The girls had a good summer of softball. Busy, overwhelming sometimes. But overall, they both know what they love and what they want to work on. So we begin the next season. I am excited to see what this new school year, new season and new/old direction will bring for all of us.






Kris and I have been in a Biggest Loser type contest and he of course, is rocking it. I am so proud of him. I am not doing too bad, but this week at camp will definitely help catapult me some. Forgot snacks. Could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Little P turned 10 this summer. Two kids in double digits! No words to describe how happy-sad this makes me. She has had a tough couple of years, I hope 10 is good to her. I hope she knows how much mommy and daddy believe in her!
So fitting that one of the songs she picked for her softball team's CD is Brave by Sarah Barrielles. Of course the girls both love Fight Song by Rachel Platten, it has become our summer theme song. I am listening to it right now as I type all alone in my cabin. I hope they have a good week with daddy and a family friend who is helping with them while Kris is on duty because of course 3 of the 6 days I'm gone fall on his shift. I don't feel stuck anymore. Choices made, both by us and by higher ups made that easier for me. So grateful for the opportunity I've had since April. It has been a fabulous learning experience. But I am ready to be home more. With our lives, it is truly necessary for that to happen. Some will understand, some won't but really all that matters is that the four of us are happy, together.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries