Random Monday

Day two of my little mom get away. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy getting up a little later. And let's be honest, by later I mean like 7 at the latest. Apparently I have hit that age where sleeping in is 7am. I woke up like 20 times leading up to 7, but being actual awake and coherent was at that time.

My girls are currently being spoiled with pedicures and manicures and face masks. All of this leading up to them hopefully cleaning and organizing their bedrooms. I'm glad they're having fun. I wanted my time away to be a smooth, good week for them. I know the last camp I worked, it was a very hectic week at home and it stressed all of us out.

I feel almost guilty for being here though. I literally follow my campers around with my camera, shoot a couple of pics and move on. Right now I am in my cabin enjoying the quiet. Trying to pace myself so I can get a lot of good pics but not all in one sitting. So, here I am blogging, again.

I have learned a lot about myself this summer. I can honestly say that being a mom and making a difference in the lives of my own kiddos is definitely top priority. While this job has been a blessing in many ways, it has also been an eye opener. With Kris' schedule, me being the constant is what works. Some people may not understand that, but then again, we don't need them to. Our life works for us. Their lives work for them. And while that may mean some tightening of the budget and our lifestyle, it means a good strong foundation for our girls. I have seen what happens to kids when their parents lose sight of that. I don't want our girls to become statistics or lose their way. This is a fragile time as a parent, I used to think the toddler years were. But there are so many other avenues to consider with the ages the girls are and are making their ways into. And we are our own child's advocate, if we don't go to bat for them, who will?

So with that said, I am very excited about going back to working in a classroom, a SPED classroom at that. The teacher I am working for is very good, very fresh and very much the type of teacher I would some day like to be. The other paras in the room are a great team and have been very welcoming. It will be a great school year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries