Too busy

Sometimes life becomes so busy we forget to worry about the things that are not part of the busyness. Sometimes that can be a good thing, and sometimes it can be the opposite. Either way, life in our household has hit an alltime busy mode. This month is so busy that I have chosen to take it day by day rather than stress about what we have going on in its entirety. But evenings between Monday and Friday are completely full. Weekends are somewhat full but there is a little more give and take there. Thankfully the girls love the activities we have keeping us busy and thankfully life resumes back to somewhat normal in October. In fact, October through January, are pretty Lax, minus the craziness of holidays, birthdays etc. Life is great when we work together. But life has a funny way of reminding you of just how short it is. Today, we had to meet as a staff to deal with the murder of a co-worker. Not something I expected to find in the school district we are in. She was a new teacher to the school, and someone who hadn't built a lot of relationships quite yet in the building. But the impact she made was felt today, and her short life of 22-years seems way too short. I enjoyed the few times I had the chance to chat with her and my heart goes out to the kiddos she did reach and to her family left with an emptiness they will never be able to fill. Again, life is too short. I try every day to remember to enjoy as much of that day that I can. And there are some pretty amazing people in my life. Some have gone, some have stayed and some are forever imprinted in my heart. For now, I am enjoying the people who make it all worth living. 3 of them are in my house right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries