Perks of being a parent

Being a mom is better than I could have ever expected. I thought about having kids when I was a kid myself. But I never really imagined what it would be like. I think a part of me just assumed I wouldn't be able to have them. I don't know why, but I was told at one point, much later than imagining, that they may not happen for me. Well, God has other plans doesn't he? I think the fact that our girls are only 19 months a part, is a true testament that I am not the one really planning my life. But wow, I would not change it!
I used to think about some high impact career, busy all of the time, traveling and seeing the world. But once I held a 9 pound 4 ounce little girl in my arms, my dreams came true in a different light. Everything I wanted to be was her mommy. Nothing else mattered. And while I have a lot on my plate, being mommy to two p's in a pod, truly being their mom is a dream come true. I want to be the very best for them. And for so long, that meant putting myself last. Now, with a lot of hard work, and a lot of thinking, I have come to realize that in order to be the best for them, I have to be the best for me. And thankfully, I have a wonderful person cheering me on the entire way. And I'm not just talkng about my weight, I am talking about all of me. These two little people are the best people I have ever met. They have the kindest hearts, the best intentions and are true gifts. I love their smiles, their little quirks and I love living life with them. But wow, time does pass so quickly as a parent. So part of the bettering of me, includes taking it truly day by day. Yes, we plan, yes we have a gigantic calendar/chalkboard with our whole week mapped out. But rather than stress about Thursday on Monday, I just take Monday for what it is. And I love it.
And who can forget about our 4-legged child. Higbee turns 3 or 21, depending on how you look at it, later this month. While we have had our grumpy moments as dog parents, he is truly a part of this family. He has the sweetest eyes and is a good boy, most of the time. I hear labs slow down after age 4, so here's to hoping that comes earlier with our boy. I don't necessarily want hiim to slow down, but I'd love some of that energy to not be so prominent. Either way, love the boy and he loves his girls, that is for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries