Feelin' Hot, Hot Hot!

No I am not bragging on myself here, though some may argue that I should. :) Ha Ha that felt funny to type. But dang, we have had two majorly hot summers in a row. I expect some triple digit heat, but not for 30 days straight last summer and pretty close to that this summer. It makes it difficult to do some of the old fashioned summer ideas I had. In fact, there were about two weeks straight, that the girls and I became major hermits. And to be honest, that can mess with one's mind. I am so ready to be outside and playing and getting dirty and just having fun. So dear Mother Nature, could you cooperate please? Little P turns 7 this Saturday, 7!!! I can't believe it. Its less little girl and more on her way to being a big girl. Yikes! We had a family party for her last night, and by family, I mean my parents, Kris' parents and our siblings and families. Hindsight, I should've included other family, so Aunt Delores, again I'm sorry! I will get better at this, I promise! We are in the last stretch of summer vacation. The girls are ready for some structure and so am I. Though I do love being home with them. I am going to attempt the "get ready for school routine" next week. Hoping its not too painful. I really let it go lax this summer. Oops! Kris and I celebrated 10 years last weekend. And for marriages now-a-days, that's no small feat. We are no where near perfect, but the progress we've made shows. And after a rough couple of weeks (see hermit status above), our renewal was what I needed and I believe what Kris needed too. Lots of frank discussions and total honesty, and I feel in a good place. We have some growing to do in our faith, but thankfully we are on the same page with that. We are also on the same page in our revamping our health as a family. And that crazy kid is ahead of me by 3lbs. Not for long my dear, not for long! Thankfully I got a free 30 day pass to Jazzercize, (which I gave up this school year) and if I can go at least 15 of those 30 days, I will justify signing up again. Its time to kick butt. I'm not writing another weight loss post, because this time, its not just loss, its a lifestyle change. Thank goodness for Fitnesspal.com. I am so much more aware of why my attempts have failed. Sugar is not anyone's friend. Ok, occasionally it can be, but must it be in everything we eat!?!?! Looking into some clean eating too. Small changes, big rewards! The P's are taking on soccer this fall. They are on a pretty competitive team with a very dedicated coach. I'm excited to see them grow. Big P is a natural athlete, while Little P is a natural entertainer. It is very exciting to see Little P look at home on the soccer field. And their enthusiasm, wow. I love it! I have been writing off and on and of course, reading. I am a self-proclaimed book nerd and I love it. The girls are starting to do it more as well. There is just something awesome about watching them read. Seeing the "aha" moment in Little P this year in her reading has been phenomenal. Big P leans more toward the historical books, while Little P of course has her Junie B. Jones. But exciting nonetheless. Kris is even reading, he doesn't like fiction but is flying through his father's day gift! I need to add to his library. He even requested I buy him books on his Kindle or Nook app on his iPad, um...OK!!
Big P and her friends R & A...Peaches for 4 years. Sadly this is the last year for the team we've known. But what a fun ride!
Last team huddle....
Hermit status includes a teenage like 6 1/2 year old who sleeps until lunch time. She was born at 1:02pm, and I worked nights when I was pregnant with her...
The P's the night of our renewal...they were a little disappointed it wasn't like a big ol' fancy wedding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries