Time keeps on ticking....

Its been a month since I posted, not because I didn't want to, but because seriously life has been busy! Busy with sick kiddos, busy with work, busy with housework, busy with, well life.

And sadly, with the end of a life. The friend who was put on life support almost a month ago, will be taken off soon. And my heart is breaking for her short life. As a mother, the thought of not being here to watch our daughters grow up, makes me incredibly sad beyond belief. Her children are so young, her daughter is big P's age and her son turned 9 yesterday. Not to mention the tremendous sadness her husband must feel after having to face and make a decision like this. My heart goes out to her family.

I've had our friend on my mind quite a bit here recently. At first, like everyone else, I had hope and prayed daily that she would be lifted up and come back to her family. But as time grew on and the tests results came back, it became obvious that she is no longer with us. And as this reality hits, I find myself extremely sad but grateful I was able to know her.

She had multiple health issues that sometimes made it hard for her to get out of bed on a daily basis. And as a mom of two active kiddos, I can't imagine not being there and knowing that you have to rely so much on your husband to step into those shoes. I listened to her sadness about this and offered as much support as I could. Part of her health problems included a never ending battle with her weight. She had some success in shedding the pounds, but she was constantly struggling with how she looked and how she thought she should look. But we all thought she was a beautiful woman, inside and out. And while thinking about her struggle and journey to a healthier life, it has really made me think about my constant battle with this as well. Wouldn't it be the ultimate tribute to finish my health-bound journey in her honor? Hmmmm....

So please take a moment Monday for a woman who will officially be gone from her family and friends and finally no longer dealing with the roller coaster ride that was her health. Please remember her loving and caring husband who now takes on the role of full-time parent on a permanent basis. And please think of her children, who will always have a void in their heart where their mother should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries