Being forgotten

It's 2:45 am and it's too hot to sleep! Literally, it's 85 degrees here but the heat index is 94! Our AC has been running non-stop and the house is semi-cool. But, not cool enough for me I guess. And having my mind race doesn't help either.

It's been a bittersweet summer for our family. While having me home has been a blessing, it also means a lot of changes in our lives. We recently had what we once considered 'good friends' move to the Southwest part of the country. These are people we've spent a lot of time with, in fact, at one point, I think almost all of Kris'days off we were either sharing dinner with them or planning our next time spent together. Our children were close. R was big P's first official best friend and the joke was they were going to have an arranged marriage, we have the picture to prove it. But, as often as not, people get busy and the phone calls became one-sided and what had hoped to be a last get-together before their move, never happened. Big P was heartbroken when she realized, we were forgotten. Being the adults, we reassured her that was not the case. However, the more I think about it, we were, just long before they moved.

I'd like to borrow someone else's heart right now. Somone who doesn't care as much and can take peoples choices with a simple shrug of the shoulder. Because it's looking like dejavu here this week.

27 years of friendship, I guess more like 25 when you count the years of dwindling phone calls or yearly get-togethers. What I once considered my strongest friendship, became one of obligation on the other end. And next Saturday, it moves Southeast. And though we've promised we will email, Facebook and plan trips or alot time when she comes to visit family, the pessimist in me knows the truth. There will not be enough time during visits to Kansas for non-family, which saddens me because I was once considered family.

So, I guess the super sad part of me wonders what is so easily forgettable about us? And what do I tell the girls to avoid future heartache? Sigh...maybe I should get some sleep!


******Just so you know, I was very upset and up extremely late when I wrote this post! I have spoken to my BFF of 27 years more since she left than I have in a long time! You are the best D! You know that! I truly admire you and your spirit! And even if you're 10,000 miles away, I'm always here for you! I hope you know that!******

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries