Starting over....

I did a lot of thinking this weekend, mostly about how to improve the lives of those I love, and how to make life at home consistent, loving, caring, nurturing and a safe haven from the rest of the world. It was during this thinking I realized that it truly starts with me. I've heard that theory "if mama ain't happy, nobody is!" and never really thought much about it. As a mom and a wife, its just been a natural process of taking care of everyone else. So the problems of clashing with big P will have to start changing with ME. The getting my family to eat healthy (ok the P's have this down but Kris and I do NOT) starts with ME. The consistent-routine part, starts with ME. That feels like a lot of pressure sometimes, but I have the opportunity to be my best for my family and in turn, have them be their bests for themselves. (WOW, lots of really bad typing and grammar issues here) But I think the point is there. I've written many posts about losing weight, finding focus, blah, blah, blah. But I realized this weekend, life is entirely too beautiful and too precious to do anything but live it. So when I feel myself getting into a battle of the wills with our VERY strong-willed 5-year-old, I will remember that she is ONLY 5, and I will take the better approach. When I find myself eye-balling the bag of Oreos my mom KEEPS bringing over for the P's, I will remember, one or two is fine, 5 or 6 is NOT! Its time...time to start over and be the person I am supposed to be.

Comments

Danielle said…
I look forward to this change with you too.

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries