Time for Change....

I just polished off two chocolate chip cookies. Was I hungry? No. Did they serve some sort of nutritional purpose? No. Why did I eat them? Because they were there! I think I've finally had my AHA moment that Oprah always talks about. I am done killing myself with food. That's essentially what I do to myself everytime I over-indulge. By chosing not to get up this morning to work out before my family got up, is basically telling them I don't think they're worth my health.
I am not talking about going on a diet, or joining an exercise group that I'll quit 3 weeks down the road. I'm talking about making a major life change. That means eating in moderation. I will still have a cookie at some point, but I am not in a position right now to say "there are times we just need cookies!" I DO NOT need a cookie right now. What I need is to fuel my body enough to nourish it, but eat less than I am right now, to find a healthy weight. That weight for me is about 50 pounds lighter than I am today sitting in my chair at work as I type this.
I know what working out feels like, it can be an amazing rush. The movie Legally Blonde comes to mind when Elle says to her fellow law students "exercise releases endorphins, endorphins make people happy. happy people don't just kill their husbands". This is so true. I remember all of those times at the Dojo when I was in kick boxing class how much it hurt to do it, but that amazing feeling afterwards was so worth every tear! Not just a natural high that comes with exercise, but a sense of accomplishment. That is what I need to do, not just once or twice a week but every day if I can.
So NO more talking. It is time to DO! I have said this a few times before, but I truly mean it. I am making a contract with myself to become the very best version of me and this includes getting healthy, inside and out! I deserve it, my husband deserves it and those two amazing little people we've been blessed with as daughters deserve it. So its time for change!

Comments

Brandy said…
Liz,
Wouldn't it be great if you got a house over here in my neighborhood. Then every morning if I didn't see you out jogging I could come knock on your door and vice versa. Maybe we need that family support to get "thin."
-Love, your cousin
kristen lewis said…
Good for you girl! Stay the course. You just might inspire me to get in shape too!
Anonymous said…
Join roller derby! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Setting boundaries

Here we go