Odd times

 I don't blog much, if at all. I don't write much, if at all. That makes me sad putting that to words. I miss being creative. I miss finding words just flow, and flow and then flow some more. I feel like this part of life, is so busy and by the end of the day, I barely have time to gather my thoughts, much less share them. I need to adjust the balance of what I do each day. I have been able to find more time for myself, working out, reading etc. But more adjustments need to be made. Even if I'm the only one reading my words, I need to put them out there.

Watching our girls navigate adulthood is humbling. I think at their age I just winged it and pretended to be an adult, pretended to have it together. At my age, it's pretty much the same thing, only now, I have to guide them through it and pretend I know what I'm doing. I have no shame in admitting any of that to them as we guide them, or attempt to. Life is way harder now than it was when Kris and I were there age. Social media, all of the political craziness, religious craziness, post COVID world craziness, all of it, so very odd.

Sometimes I do worry, that they like to be close to home, at home, rather than spread the wings and fly. They have flown some, but always gravitate back. They aren't afraid to go see what's out there, but have we hindered their ability to really fly? I mean they're still VERY young adults, barely adults. So maybe, it's all good. I need to stop trying to compare their journeys with others, as we often times tell them that they shouldn't compare their own journeys. I just hope, and worry, that we haven't prepared them enough. 

Random Friday musings...or thoughts. Here they are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Setting boundaries

Here we go