It's Only Life After All

 Summer went by faster than I have ever seen it. Maybe this is how life is now, with grown children? Or maybe we just packed it so full, we didn't have a moment to sit down and over think things. 

England was great. And not so great. Our oldest struggled some, food and textures, people and their lack of ability to be reliable or just basic good human beings. But I do believe, overall, it was worth it all and she came back with experience, core memories and a better sense of the world. I know this will just continue to make her hungry to explore more of it, and I love that. I would love to travel some of it with her too, to see it through her eyes. That is one of my favorite parts of parenting, seeing it all through their eyes.

Vacation was so quick it was barely a blink and we were back in Kansas. I loved it all. I'm glad we made it a longer time away than we originally talked about. I think we all needed every single minute of it. Being able to share something we love, Disney, with people we love, made it so much better. Ready to go back!

College cheer and athletics is a whole new beast. So much to do, so much to keep track of, and not always the most organized people are making the decisions. Helping our youngest navigate that. I think there are some of my good qualities in her, passed along with the not so good I'm sure. But she finds peace in planning ahead some so I am grateful for that. I'm excited to see her take this on, and take on college. I am hopeful the two of them will get closer as they attend the same school again. I am hopeful little sister gets big sister out of her comfort zone some and enjoys some college type stuff together.

The one year mark on my husband and I's health journey is getting close. Big things to celebrate, small things to celebrate and so many lessons along the way. Ready for the next part of continuing to take my health back. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries