Weird times

Life is just weird now. There is no other way to put it. I'm tired of the news, tired of Facebook and tired of the ugly.

I do stay informed, the conversations with the girls make it so it is necessary. I let them lead with their feelings, their thoughts and we go over the facts we know. But it's weird. All of it.

Normally we are in the midst of softball tournament time. Weekends usually filled with trips to KC or Wichita or wherever the ball teams take us. Our house often times is a drop off, and we stopped eating at the kitchen table much a long time ago. Then COVID 19 happened. And we cleared the table off. We eat there several times a week, sometimes several times a day. It just depends on work schedules etc. So I guess not all of the weird is bad persay.

P1 started her new job. She umpired last year and it wasn't really that first job kind of feel. I think this will be a good change of pace for her. Still at the ballfields, only on the other side. Cleaning, helping, now disinfecting. Outside, but with people who are not her family. Making friends, building relationships. It is fun to see her excitement.

P2 is in the midst of a summer class, a very boring summer class. However, the stress of this past semester online is gone for the most part. She passed the online portion of drivers ed. It feels good I'm sure. But the craziness and stress and anxiety is still present some. I can see it in her eyes. Trying to help her back out of it.

Kris is back to work, and working hard in this June heat. We've had some good talks, some behaviors from all of us we don't like, and we are working hard as a family to learn how to navigate things better. Some days are filled with laughter and great memory making. Some days we bicker, or close ourselves off. I try to remind all of them, that these are natural feelings, reactions to a not so natural life. I remind them to give ourselves and each other grace in a not so graceful time.

I am trying to not overthink or worry about the unknown because it is out of my hands. Giving it to God is something I struggle with every day. But I take it one day at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries