It's been a minute...

Time flies. And as a parent of now teenage daughters, it is flying really freaking fast!

It has been a minute or 30 since I've sat down and put my thoughts to this blog. Life happens.

I am now into my 10th month at a new job, working for an incredible company, doing things and learning about an industry I had no desire to ever be in before. What sold me was the company. The way they don't just make money and help people invest or spend theirs, but how they invest in the city I live in. My friend is the community engagement coordinator for the company, yes we have one of those, and she is a true ambassador for what we do. She sold me. November 2018, Kris told me he wanted to be home more and wanted to leave his second part-time job. I realized I needed to leave the school district and get a "grown up job" with a grown up paycheck. However, I did not want just any job. If I was going to give up time with our girls so he could get some back, it had to be working some where that mattered. So after setting my sight on this company, I pushed my way into getting an interview. In fact, we were driving to Florida a year ago today when I got the call to set up the phone interview. I was offered the job the day that Kris was actually let go from his second part-time job. It was truly a blessing all around. So here I am, heading into my first Christmas break in 10 years that I won't be home with the girls. Kris will be, more than not. So balancing it all is where its at. I'm still working on the balancing thing for myself.

P1 is a sophomore. P2 is a freshman. Both are pretty close to being taller than me. One is flourishing in her second year of high school. The other is tip toeing around in her first year. So two very different girls but both have amazing hearts and incredible wit. Being their mom is truly the best job ever. We've reached that point of parenting where brutal honesty from all four of is, is how we live. I love our relationships with them. I do have to remind them on occasion, that I am still their mom first and foremost. They both tend to be a little quiet socially, which is totally opposite from what I expected when they were little. Boys are there, but neither are boy crazy, thank goodness. They've seen friends and lost friends to the boy drama. They have no desire to be like that or to fit in with the kids who are vaping, sexting and losing their sense of what's right. Does that mean they don't like to have fun? Absolutely not, but they are doing very well at remember WHO they are. I pray that continues.

Focusing on enjoying this season and the ones behind it. Doing my best to keep us afloat, but struggling a little with my own sense of self. One of my blessings to look forward to working on in the new year. Bahamas here we come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries