Hear that sound? Me neither.
Ok so there are sounds, coffee being made, people chatting, random Starbucks music, you get the idea.
But I am by myself most of the day. Minus the break for lunch. But the girls and their classmates are spending the day at an orchestra workshop. Tomorrow, they will show off what they've learned in a huge concert hall here in KSU. So for the 7 hours I have to entertain myself, I am spending a majority of them here at the fancy little Starbucks across the street. I may change things up a bit and find a mom and pop place for the afternoon, if I can't check into our hotel room early. But it is nice to be alone to my own thoughts. Not that I mind my P time, but sometimes, my own time is amazing. 
I wish it wasn't 21 degrees out. I would go run. But I am not feeling it. The cold wind in my lungs brings up the fun cough I had over Christmas break. So, no running on campus. 
I've spent the last 2 hours organizing my pictures on my Mac. I really wish I had brought our external hard drive to transfer most of them over, but at least they're all organized and pretty. I guess one beast at a time.

2016 is here. Not too bad of a start I would say. It has been a little busy, but not too crazy. I am hoping some of the positive changes we've made as a family will continue through out the year. And I am hoping that changes both Kris and I have made for ourselves will continue as well and spread like fire. I am hopeful. A few weeks ago, I was on the edge of not being hopeful. That wasn't a pretty place. But I am human, so my super hero ability to give Grace sometimes falters. Damn that humanness. Thankfully, it is understood and the communicating has been the best its ever been, so far.

We have our parent meeting at the middle school in a month. WHAT?! Middle school? Can someone tell time to slow down and tell Mother Nature to kiss my..... well you get it. Big P is excited and will do fine, but has some nervous moments. I am a hot mess. When did my little girl get to be so grown? She has matured so much in the past year. Thankfully, she still needs her mama from time to time. But her mind, her heart and her spirit amaze me most days. 

Little P won't be too far behind. YIKES! I may have to take up yoga or something when that happens. This is a bit stressful. She has been in the middle of hormone central with boys asking her out etc. Thankfully my little chats about having time for that kind of things LATER seem to be paying off, for now. Her best friend is a boy, a coworker and good friend's son. I have a feeling those two are going to give us some gray hairs. But I love watching them together.

I have some writing projects coming up. I am both excited and a little anxious. Finding the time will be my biggest challenge. Especially since I will have some random kiddos coming to our house this summer, but the extra income will be nice on both avenues. We've got our next DW trip to pay for so anything is helpful, especially as we snowball our way out of this Post Fire Debt. 

Life is beautiful. Life is ugly. Life can be in between, it all depends on how you handle it. Today, I handled it with humor, a book, some caffeine and later this evening popcorn and chlorine. But most of all, I handled it with grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here we go

Parker's turning 3!

Setting boundaries