Peace out 2014

I am not usually one to wish time away. But man, I will not be sad to say goodbye to 2014. It has been a crazy year. I won't dwell on the down parts but I will say they definitely outweigh the up parts. Ok that's not fair, there were plenty of ups in 2014. They just get overshadowed. Maybe I should rethink this whole post.

Ok so here I go. I am looking forward to 2015 and all of the opportunities a new year brings. Does that sound better? A certain event does overshadow the many joys we've had this year. I do think all 4 of us are ready to move on and get going. A new year is a perfect chance to do just that.

Big P turned 11 a couple of weeks ago. Insane to think we have someone so close to being a teen in our house. Like clockwork, the teenage attitude has arrived. But thankfully, she is very much a little girl still. She asked for Barbies and Grandma delivered. I love listening to her and her sister play. Just play, using imaginations, having fun. Whether it is with Barbie house they got, the board games we have, the crayons and paper, or whatever, it is fun to hear them play and be kids. Before too long, that time will be gone. So maybe I am the opposite of the time wish awayers, I am the want to hold onto time person. Horrible sentence, but it is my blog and I don't care, so there!


We have had a small amount of snow that lasted a whole two days. One of those days was on Big P's birthday and the highlight of her birthday DAY was snowboarding down our hill in our backyard. One of the perks of an uneven lawn.

Christmas was fun. Busy, but fun. We didn't get to spend time with as much family as I would've liked, but it is impossible to be everywhere.

I had big plans for Christmas break. BUT having two very tired little girls and a worn out family in general, we've spent a lot more time relaxing. In fact, as I type, I am laying in bed with HGTV on while the girls are still crashed out in the living room. They get to have a sleepover tonight, a bittersweet sleepover. The older nieces are coming over, and with them getting older, it may be one of the last times. Changes come and some are fun, some are just bittersweet. But you see where this is going. Laziness today. Not necessarily a good thing, but clearly a needed thing. I may get the Christmas tree down today. Kris is on duty until Wednesday so I have some time to make him think I was productive.

Until next year. Or maybe before then.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries