Its the most wonderful time of the year...

Anyone else notice how quickly stores jump from holiday to holiday? I mean at our local Target, we were Halloween shopping next to Christmas items. Really? Slow down! Let us breathe between events please. I guess such is life now. Our reality is truthfully busy, busy, and more busy. Why should I be surprised that holidays overlap in the candy aisle!?

October is kind of a blur. What was supposed to be our slowing down month, was filled with various tournaments, both softball and soccer in the mix of Kris' crazy schedule still in full swing. But we survived and amazingly, thrived through the process. Now we are in November, a much more relaxed month. Yes I know its the countdown to the "HOLIDAYS" but I am not too worried. What will happen, will happen. Yes I realize I have a 10 year birthday to plan for. Sniff. 10!!! Again the busy, busy, busy makes these years just seem to rush by. I can't believe we are hitting 10!

Sadly with 10 comes all of the realities of growing up, including the question, "is there a santa to believe in?" I guess I am delusional in hoping to bottle up their childhood for as long as possible. But Big P has a lot of questions. I am trying to be honest while keeping the magic in her heart. Little P is more of our "I don't care what everyone else says" kind of girl. But Big P does worry. And she is like me, she stews over it and can't let it go. I have found some fun letters on Pinterest but Kris and I are trying hard to keep it going. Sigh.

I love Fall, I do. But I don't love the dark before 5:30 pm madness. It makes me sleepy and lazy. But I am enjoying the snuggling and the fire pit. Hope to get a few more uses in before it gets too cold.

Life is relatively good.
Sorting a few things out, but we have a direction and we are headed that way as a family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries