Holiday hoobiewhatie?

Sometimes the holidays can bring the best out of people. And sadly, a lot of the time it can bring out the worst too. Usually I am into the season. Excited to spend Christmas with our family, as dysfunctional as it may be. But this year, I have had a hard time getting into the spirit. Christmas Eve I was pretty much over it. I am not usually so negative, but the recent events of two officers murdered and those children taken away in Connecticut, plus the every day negative news headlines and stress of the season was enough to get me in the Scrooge like mood. Thankfully, our little P and her sweet spirit reminded me that those things are all just things that are out of my control. When we got together for her nightly prayers, she wanted to add a prayer for the mommies and daddies in Connecticut who didn't have little ones to tuck in for Santa. Wow. That hit me. I am eternally grateful for her and her way of being my amazing Grace. There is nothing like the harsh slap of perspective sometimes. So I am trying to keep it all in perspective. Little P ~ a wildcat fan even despite our best brainwashing efforts!
Big P enjoying her new winter hat! The P's are still little enough to enjoy Barbies! But of course being the only grandkids on my side, they're a tad spoiled. Post Christmas mid-day nap! Kris and I enjoying Christmas Eve despite many efforts for us not to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries