Hurry Up & Wait

There have been a lot of changes in the Dodds' household. One of the biggest, is the house. We moved the first weekend in October, literally just down the road but now live outside of town. It was a whirlwind to get to this point and we are still caught up in the whirl of it all.

While this is a good move, the outcome of a dream Kris and I have had for a long time, its a very stressful one and will continue to be until all of the papers are signed and everything is done. Until that point, our lives are in limbo. I keep telling myself that we have come this far, another week or two of waiting is better than not being here at all. There are the dark moments though that creep in when sleep deprivation settles in. But we are vowing to keep positive and try to find our way around the boxes and make it our own.

The girls are loving it of course. Their own rooms and they get to ride the bus to school most days. Its nice to hear their ideas on how to decorate or listen to them pretend they have their own apartments. Of course this makes me a little sad to think that some day they will be in their own apartments. But for now, they are safely in our home. We have of course pinpointed who the messier of the two is, and its not who we originally suspected. Maybe once we get their rooms done and more settled in, they will both take better care of things.

Higbee is loving the house, and the yard, despite some pissy neighbor or neighbors who were kind enough to leave a lovely note in our mailbox concerning his desire to be vocal. I can not wait until we get a fence up. I love to see him run around the yard.

Kris has been such a trooper. He got us an amazing group of movers and had it all organized and ready. (though I have to give myself some credit for doing the packing and pre-move organization =) On Sunday of the move weekend, I came down with the lovely stomach bug that has swept its way through our school. I really started feeling yucky late Saturday night, but Sunday was not a good day for me. My mom was there to help with Little P and with the unpacking mode. Thank goodness for her and for Kris. I was able to spend a great deal of the day in the bedroom or shall I say bathroom?! Big P was gone at a softball tourney and I am grateful that neither she or Little P have had the bug. (knock on wood)

I have been dealing with some unnecessary drama at work. I won't go into too much detail, to ensure no one is hurt by anything I post. But long story short, there are people out there who do not and can not be happy for others. I am trying very hard to be the bigger person and have been reassured by those who matter that I am doing everything right and shouldn't worry. That said, it saddens me to know people are so petty.

On the upside again, Kris is rocking the weight loss! He finished his first 5K the Saturday we moved. We did the Race Against Breast Cancer 5K. He ran and I walked it. I am very proud of him. He like every man, has lost weight pretty quickly, annoying as a woman but still proud just the same. There is a nice health kick sweeping through our family and I hope we can continue. Tonight though, I am enjoying an iced coffee and a slice of cheesecake at a local coffee shop as I enjoy some time alone. Tomorrow, calories will be tracked a little better!

Life is good. And though some things are at the standstill point, I have an amazing family who is healthy and happy and I could not ask for more. Pictures to come after I update my Iphone...wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries