Birthday fun & more

Little P turned 6 last Thursday. I find it unbelievable how quickly time seems to fly when it comes to children and how they grow. It seems like only yesterday she was toddling away trying so hard to walk good enough to keep up with big sister. Now, she is headed into first grade, FIRST GRADE! Yikes!

Being Little P's mom has been a blessing in so many ways. While she is definitely our entertainer, she has always been my saving grace. Her sweet eyes and amazing smile have always found their special place in my heart. She is truly a mama's girl. And most days, I love this. There are times however, I feel maybe we've babied her too much. But she is the baby, and I'm sure this is a thought of every parent.

She is a joy to have around. Her honesty is such an asset. I wish more kids were as honest as she is. We have had a few moments when that has been a tad embarrassing, and we've had to tell her there are some things we don't repeat in public or tell everyone. But again, her honesty is such a blessing. She hasn't learned to lie yet, and I hope she stays that way.

A sweet birthday slumber party with big sister.


Her birthday list kept changing, everything from an Ipad (yea right), to a new bike (thinking Santa will bring this) and finally a makeup case.


Homemade birthday cake at Grandma & Grandpa's...mommy didn't do too bad!


We had a day with Grandma Pat & Pappo on her actual bday. Daddy was on duty so we did visit the boys at 8's. Grandma Darlene & Grandpa Dan rounded out the day with a nice birthday dinner. We threw a party for her the following day, in 104 degree heat outside, at the Sonic playplace. We were a little worried about the heat but, all in all it was an awesome party with great family and friends. So blessed to have these people in our lives. Sadly, we had a few family members who are deployed and we pray for their safe return!

A hot birthday party!


Butterfly cupcakes provided by Aunt Patty....


Blowing out 6 candles....


A great party!


Little P at age 2...


And now at age 6...still a ham!


Now the back-to-school countdown has began. 3 weeks from today the girls go back, and I start back that Monday. Again, so incredibly happy and blessed with my job. I love being close to the girls, being off when they are off and having a job that allows me to be a mom first. It will be pretty crazy getting back into the routine, but I am looking forward to it and to much cooler temperatures. Fall is one of my favorite seasons, ok I like all 4 seasons but its on the top of my list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries