The Happiness Project

Today is the first day of summer break. And amazingly I've managed to cram it full of catch up housework, errands (including an invigorating trip to the tag office) and a little of this and a little of that. However, the P's were amazing waiting in line for an hour and 15 minutes. That little burst of surprise has put some joy into my day. Its made up for the fighting they've already decided to partake in and the turtle bob neck thing Little P did when she was telling on her sister. (so hard to not laugh during that moment).

But today is also the first day of a few "projects" here at home and here at Liz. I found a blog called the "happiness project" and while I won't be doing it all word for word the way the blog's author does, there are some great ideas and advice on this site.

Sooooooo I am doing my own happiness project. Hoping that with finding my way to true happiness within myself and my home, that others around me, the people I live and breathe for, will do the same. Sounds good eh?

First off....clean and organize our home. Its our home, it needs to be happy. Clutter and mess is a necessary evil when you have busy lives filled with kiddos. However, there is that and then there is funk. Right now we are in full funk mode. So I am spending the first few days de-funking our home. That is a lot of work but SO needed. And while they may not realize it, the P's will be taking part.

Once we get past FUNK mode, we jump right into organize mode. Room by room, corner by corner. I'm getting rid of the things that clutter our home. I'm cleaning the corners, the carpets, the furniture and finding a place for every thing we need to keep. Quite a feat to take on, but it will make me happier. And in turn, everyone happier when they know what to expect.

Next, actually at the same time, is operation de-funk ME. I had a bit of a scare, not really a scare, but more of a wake up call last week. While going for my "no your thyroid is still not working, but lets get another ultrasound" appointment, they decided to test me for Diabetes to make sure they are fighting the right culprit. So of course hearing the D word made me think a little bit harder about what it is I've done to my body. My weight has been an issue for more than 10 years now. 10 flippin years of excess....that is clearly enough! Now throw in the D word and you might as well put me on the Biggest Loser. Thankfully I have a friend who is hard core, like watch out Jilian Michaels, here is Jill! She is phenomenal. She has been where I am, and back and now has found the way to go. She has offered to make sure the D word is never mentioned in my life again. I am ready for this. I have said it a million times and probably 100 blog posts before, but I am ready. I'm done with this fat thing and ready to be fit. I hope that others I love and care about will be joining me. Much more fun when its a group effort.

And most importantly, amidst the de-clutter, de-funk and other personal goals, there is the enjoying of the amazing gifts God gave Kris and I. The P's. I have been very much wrapped into getting them here, getting them there, school, softball, dance and everything in between. I've managed to make it so our time together is too busy for just the simple things. So here we are. Their happiness is so important and I want to make sure they live long,full and happy lives. Thus we have the Happiness Project.

So I hope you will enjoy my many entries over the summer. Everything from updates on various levels of this project to posts full of the sweet faces of the P's!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries