Lifes what you make it (not to be confused with the Hannah Montana song)

I haven't blogged in quite some time. Partly because getting my grumpy ol' computer to work is a challenge sometimes, and partly because I've allowed myself to get in a negative trap set by someone who doesn't deserve my time.

SO here I am. Lots of wonderful happenings in life. Just haven't blogged them. The P's and I are on spring break right now, actually today is the last day of that, but its been a fun week! We even had Kris home for 3 days of it and we spent as much time outside as a family as possible! Then mother nature decided she didn't like the spring weather she was giving us and decided to give us a bit more winter. So we have been stuck inside for a few days, and tomorrow, oh tomorrow, they're calling for more of the s-word! BOO! But here in a few months the s-word won't even come up.

Big P had a friend spend the night last night. I was a bit nervous because some of our recent non-family sleepovers have been a bust. But Miss R was incredible to Big P and even Little P. No one was left out. And I thoroughly enjoyed listening to their conversations as they played. They were little girls, nothing over the top and no one tried to be older than 7 and 5. I loved it and I am sure R will be over again really soon. But Little P gets to have a friend first, that might be a bit more interesting!

I have been working out just about every other day, and keeping up on my food log on my phone. Haven't seen much from the scale but I am hopeful. I would like to lose 10%by my birthday. SO how is that gonna happen? I'm going to keep at it and maybe add a few more exercise days in. My ultimate goal is to exercise every day, whether its me vs. Jillian Michaels at home, running at the lake or Jazzercize which I love, love, love! The best part? My family is joining the bug! Kris has been playing hockey again and has gone to gym (fingers crossed he likes it and keeps going). The P's have done some bike riding, park playing, running fools. Love it! That is the whole point of getting healthy and living a healthy lifestyle, to make it second nature for them, which doesn't seem like such a feat after all. Ok Mr. Scale, move darn it.

This is quite the rambling post isn't it?

One moment of touching the negative in my life. After much consideration and some really non G-rated words, I've decided to let the negative person in my life go. Unfortunately I can't actually kick this person out of my life, we are all kind of stuck with this person. But I can no longer let this person's stupid choices, stupid words and stupid desires reign over my life. In fact I don't think I actually ever let it, but I've spent too much time thinking about their stupidity. I am going to make sure their stupid actions are called out as they happen and I am going to get my family back. Back in the sense that we are all loving life again regardless of having this person in it. Life is an amazing ride, and if someone wants to take the negative bus, I'm willing to drop them off at the nearest stop.

Whew...that was nice to get out there.

I have some goals I'm working on and am going to keep myself centered and happy and love the life I've been blessed with. There is always going to be laundry to fold (yuck), toilets to clean (double yuck) and responsibilities that are just not fun. But then there are the amazing parts, the deep belly laugh of Big P, Little P's way of coming up and loving on me just when I need a good snuggle, and hearing their sweet little voices yell "Daddy's home!" Life is amazing. And I am grateful for the journey!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries