So thankful and relieved....


We had one of those moments that as a parent, rock your entire core last night. Long story short, little P got forgotten, no that's not the right word. Mommy and Daddy were distracted as was big P and we all went into the house without little P. Now, the temperature outside was 5 degrees above zero! Little P was out there by herself for 10 minutes. I can not describe to you the panic, the disappointment and the fear I feel inside knowing that I was the one who should've doubled checked. Thank you God for keeping my sweet little P safe and for sending your angels to help her get out of my Pilot and to the front door! Never again do I want to feel this way. I have been very hard on myself today about this. A co-worker friend of mine said sometimes God sends little moments to keep us as parents in check. Not necessarily to punish but to remind us to pay attention to the little things that make the big things matter. Another friend of mine says all she needs to know is she's loved, because she has already forgiven me and of course big P and Daddy blame themselves. So of course we're holding onto each other a little tighter today.

Comments

kristen lewis said…
I have a friend that left their two year old at church one Sunday! I thought that it was hilarious. It happens to the best of us. Just be thankful that all is well. Did you see the news about the 4 year old that left their house at 3 in the morning and broke into a dollar store? I kid you not! It could be worse. Chin up, friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Parker's turning 3!

Here we go

Setting boundaries